WHIP CRACKIN' GOOD TIME
This tour takes you from the coast over the Great Dividing Range into the heart of Burnett Cattle Country.
On the way you will walk through a 200m self supported tunnel. It is no longer used by trains hauling gold and copper to the coast but by thousands and thousands of bent wing bats.
Travel from Boolboonda over the top of the range and down into the grazing plains wondering how anyone was able to consistently traverse this Mangle of Mountains and Sandy Gullies
Step into the pioneers’ home life:
Guthrie Sinclair’s 1860 Knockbreak Homestead built of wood slab and shingles.
Cloncave Homestead and Riverleigh Cottage full of ‘how things used to be’.
Wander through the Century-old Archer Homestead still on the original cattle station in Eidsvold.
Be guided through the RM Williams Bush Learning Complex dedicated to the Famous Bushman and what he stood for.
Hands-on Leather Work taught by a veteran Saddled Maker.
A Crackin’ good Whip Crackin’ time
· Book Now
· I’ll collect you at 7:00 from the Quay Street carpark near the riverside cafe
· We’ll drive to discover hidden parts of the Queensland Bush
· I’ll provide lunch and a cuppa
· Have you back at the carpark by 5:00
· Bring your usual outdoor gear – hat, sunscreen, water, foot wear, insect repellent.